Monday, April 06, 2009

Tia the Wanting

Today at work I was relatively productive, barring one small infraction where I was checking out WikiHow - one of the coolest Wikis out there. Anyways, I was going to look up how to survive a kidnapping, since Hilary (girl from office)was going off about all these tricks people will use and what you're supposed to do and whatnot. But I didn't quite make it there since on the first page it had "How to Survive a Long Fall".

*shudder*

Of course I was drawn in by it, since I am morbidly curious about anything height related. And it proved to be a very informative - if at times creepy - read. Like, did you know that you bounce? And that your best bet when falling off of skyscraper scaffolds and such is to aim for either glass or cars? Or that it takes 6-10 seconds to fall 1000 feet? I'll post the url so y'all can be thoroughly dissuaded from any future plans to go skydiving.

http://www.wikihow.com/Survive-a-Long-Fall


Oh, and the title?

So, Tae and I were in the living room last night, sitting, disaffected, collegiate, and we're talking about titles - you know, like Catherine the Great, or Vlad the Impaler. And I'm like, "Hey, Tae, wouldn't that be the coolest thing?" or something like that. Tae's all, hm, yeah that's nice, roomie. I continue. "If I ever went into politics, I'd tell everyone it was to get one of those. Tia the Terrible...Tia the Thoughtful..."

"Tia the Wanting."

*beatific grin*

Needless to say, Tae's full of genius, and we will now refer to Tia at the appropriate (or inappropriate, I"m not picky) moment as Tia...the Wanting.

No comments: